Disclaimers

This blog contains adult material, including depictions and descriptions of nudity, consensual BDSM play and sexuality.
If you are a minor or are otherwise legally not permitted to view this content, or if you find this blog offensive for any other reason, you must click here to exit the page. Alex in Spankingland is vehemently opposed to the corporal punishment of children. Please click here for information on non-violent parenting.

Tuesday, December 2, 2014

KOTW: The Words

I am a very, very bad girl and I'm writing this after it's technically due, but the submit link is still open, so I'm going for it. I feel like a naughty student trying to slip my homework assignment into the stack on my teacher's desk in hopes that he'll still accept it. [Shakes self free of fantasy] This Last week's Kink of the Week topic was dirty talk.

 Kink of the Week


Generally, when I think about the idea of dirty talk, I imagine a conversation like this:

"Oh, oh fuck me. Fuck my cunt."
"Oh yes, you like my cock in your wet pussy don't you, you filthy whore?"

I then proceed to be really not turned on after thinking about that.

See, for me, I've always struggled with what I want sex to be vs. what I thought sex was supposed to be. For about the first five years that I was having sex with males, I had a lot of very unsatisfactory sex and it included a lot of conversations like the one above. It was a sexual routine: I moaned the way that I thought it sounded right to moan and I tried to control my body when I was aroused. I think that my aroused face is stupid looking: it's bright red and squirreled up looking (see also: many of my masturbation videos) and a lot of the time, I was more focused on trying to look good than trying to enjoy myself. That whole period of my sexual history seems very sad to me now. Fortunately, I let go of all that and embraced what turned me on. That meant that dirty talking went away pretty much entirely for a while. I got involved with Rafa, and our sex is best categorized by the word "affectionate."  The things we mutter to each other are intimate communications, gentle and passionate. Our sexuality continues to be that way, and I wouldn't want it any other. That's the beauty of poly: I have the ability to enjoy several different kinds of relationships at once.

When I finally came to embrace the combination of my spanking fetish and my sexuality, a form of dirty talking became incredibly important. The things that are said during a spanking scene are so significant to me. They're arguably as important to me as the actual act itself: a scene which takes place in total silence would need to have a lot of emotional or erotic pretense in order to be enjoyable for me. No, I need to be talked to. "Go to your room." "I'm going to punish you." "You're a naughty little girl." "Pull your panties down, right now." These phrases make me swoon. They make my heart pound and make me blush. The words "spanking" and "spank" are etched into me so deeply, that the sound of them anywhere, in any context makes my mind drop everything else it was thinking about and focus on that set of sounds. That hissing s, popping p, nose crinkling for the n, hard k sound. Other words that sound similar can trigger the same reaction in me. Spark. Banking.

I wonder if this is what it feels like to enjoy talking dirty, if the words that I used to say to the boys I used to sleep with turned them on this way, set forth some uncontrollable beast in their hearts the way that "I'm going to give you a spanking when we get home" does when whispered close to my ear in a public place, every nerve in my body standing at its fullest attention.

I like being told what will happen to me, and I like being reminded of what did happen, even if it just ended five minutes ago. I want to hear it said. I want details. I want the sound of Paul's voice. Really, I could listen to him reading a list of numbers and enjoy it: I love his diction, his intonation. I knew his voice long before I ever heard it in person. I like to hear him say my name, reminding me that all of this is real and not some long fantasy I've been lost in. I want to be told that I'm his, hear words like "own" and "mine" and "belong." I want to feel like he possesses me, and these simple words make that happen instantly.

Sometimes, I enjoy more traditional dirty talk now, if it's in a context of power exchange. When I let go of the sexual pretenses that I had developed in my youth, I discovered a new coyness and almost timid attitude towards my sexual encounters when they're in a D/s context. I became virginal again, unable to even bring myself to say these things aloud. It embarrasses me that someone as experienced as I am can feel this way, and that embarrassment fills me with its own arousal. Being made to ask for things in explicit terms (although not really  horribly "dirty" ones, there's a strict set of words that are and aren't horny for me) has become very, very hot for me. The sound of my own voice, suddenly high with shyness, words having trouble fully forming, breathy and vulnerable, compared to the solid security that I hear in the notes of his represents everything that I feel. ❤︎


11 comments:

  1. Sometimes...all right, most of the time, I wish that I could talk more. Words tend to get lost somewhere between my brain and mouth during a scene and during sex. Then, I can get derailed if I start trying to think about actually saying something. It's definitely frustrating for me and probably for my fiancé too. (Sigh) I like it when he talks, but it sucks when I don't know what to say or simply can't say anything.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll admit that it's much harder for me to be the one talking during a scene, and it's more important for me to be talked and directed to say things than to actually come up with sexy/exciting things to say myself, which I realize is a little unbalanced, but it seems to work out.

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

      Delete
  2. I don't usually like traditional dirty talk; most of it seems kind of generic and crass to me. But perhaps I'm just wired differently, because the word "punish" will make me weak in the knees.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We're just wired differently than everyone else: but we knew that, right?! :D

      Delete
  3. Mark (of Cutiecouple)December 2, 2014 at 12:33 PM

    Wonderful blog entry, and I'm disappointed I just discovered your blog now. (I've been perusing for an hour, loving it!)

    I so agree on the power of talk, of the right words. I have so many scenarios that play out in my head, and I find that the language i imagine is almost more important than the idea of the actual spankings. Not just the words, either, but tone is crucial.
    Sarah and I have taken in hand a young lady who needs discipline here in town, and she needs to be scolded, to the point of being shouted at. I'm not very good at that, because I'm not comfortable with shouting (at anyone!). I've found it more effective, and pleasant, to be firm with her in a quiet voice. It's somehow just as menacing and doesn't imply anger, which is a complete turn off for me. I'm not angry with her, I'm disciplining her. Very different.
    In all spanking contexts, I think words are the triggers to a scene, catalysts that we have to get right. When we fantasize or when we play, we all start with the words of our spanker, or spankee. They transport us to that safe, warm place of love and respect, of excitement and fear, and sometimes words are the reason we're able to take spankings that seem to strain at the bounds of our physical capabilities.
    And speaking of words, you and I were supposed to get together a couple of weeks ago in Long Beach. Sorry it didn't work out, but I still have plenty of school stories to tell you... the power of words to thrill in another form, I suppose. Who doesn't love real life spanking stories?!
    Write on...
    Mark

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for your comment, Mark! I hope you continue to do so in the future to keep dialog going!

      I so agree with you (in almost all scenes) about the power of a quiet but serious voice. I do like to roleplay angry scenes sometimes, but they're rarer, and the desire for the disciplinary tone you described is much stronger.

      I'm sorry we weren't able to get together when you visited! Things got a little crazy and I got behind on everything. Next time for sure!

      Delete
  4. I think this counts as being late with your homework. Well, I am going to interpret it as such anyway, so.... Go to your room young lady!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I completely agree, as the sub in our relationship I ache for him to tell me what to do in 'that' voice he has, the change of tone and the look that goes alongside it...mmm!

    ReplyDelete