Disclaimers

This blog contains adult material, including depictions and descriptions of nudity, consensual BDSM play and sexuality.
If you are a minor or are otherwise legally not permitted to view this content, or if you find this blog offensive for any other reason, you must click here to exit the page. Alex in Spankingland is vehemently opposed to the corporal punishment of children. Please click here for information on non-violent parenting.

Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Ten Day Journaling Meme

I like memes. Examples of memes that make me happy:







Yes, I *did* just upload three random photos from my "LOLZ" folder, thanks for wondering.

There's another kind of meme that I don't enjoy as much, though. Those are the kinds of memes like "put this on your profile!" "Make a note that says this!" "Answer this series of questions!" et cetera. This probably comes from the fact that I've always seen myself as a bit of an outsider and I find following "the crowd" to be a bit distasteful. This are the kinds of things that are leftover from an earlier existence. I used to be truly outside of modern society. I was put there against my will, but I refused to leave entirely once I had the ability. I was always proud of the ways in which I was not like everyone else. Some of those, like my higher interest in learning and the arts, *are* things to be proud of. Others, like the fact that I almost never used to wear clothes that matched or do my hair beyond basic brushing before going out (or even to work) and my refusal to do things the way that "everyone else" does them have turned out to be hindrances to my advancement in society instead of points of pride. Essentially, the lesson that I've learned is that "everyone else does it" (argumentum ad populum) is never a valid reason for doing something (and is a logical fallacy). That does not mean, however, that "everyone else does it" is a reason to NOT do something, either. That's just as fallacious of a statement (even if I don't know a Latin phrase for it).

The point of this is that after reading the 10 day journaling posts over at my very excellent friend, Naomi's blog, I decided that I wanted to do the same over here, regardless of the fact that I told Malignus that it seemed "pretty stupid" when he showed me a mutual friend's series of posts over on fetlife. So I'm going to. Today is the first day of this meme. These won't be my only posts: just little supplements. (This will, however, be my only post today because it actually is of some substance.)

I hope no one thinks I'm lame. :P

Day One: Ten things you want to say to ten different people right now. (Random order).

1. I'm sorry I don't call or skype you. I never know what to say anymore. We both moved to new places with new men and seem to have lost the common ground that we used to share. I promise to work on it. I do love you.

2. I used to be terrified of you, because I think you're cooler than me and more successful in just about every way, but now I'm really glad that I had a reason to get to know you more.

3. I like you a lot, in a "let's have lesbian sex and talk about geeky stuff the entire time" kind of way. I'm just super scared that I'm not good enough for you, and that you think that I'm awesomer than I really am.

4. IS IT CAN BE HUGZ TIEM NOW PLZ? I can't wait to see you!

5. I've been really impressed with how well you've been dealing with things in your life recently, as well as your drive and motivation to try new things. You're such an important friend to me.

6. Ever since I met you, I've been thinking about how much more awesome every fun thing that happens would be if you were doing it with me and how much less sad every sad thing would be if you were there to give me hugs and snuggles. My new daydream is living next door to you and your family.

7. Please, please don't this to me. I know you see it as doing it for yourself, but it's also being done to me.

8. I wish you would get over yourself enough to come visit me out here. You're allowed to be a regular person sometimes. In fact, that would probably make you feel amazing.

9. I'm glad that you're my friend now! I really like hanging out with you. It make me super happy.

10. Trout.

8 comments:

  1. *wondering if trout is a euphemism?*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Trout's true meaning will be revealed as soon as Heather and I get our act together!

      Delete
  2. Very cool post. I'd be curious about the context behind those quotes. Hope # 9 applies to me :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) 9 was written for one person in particular (who I recently started spending IRL time with) but applies to a lot of people one way or another!

      Delete
  3. I totally don't think you're lame! I like it :) <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not lame at all, I like your meme's and your 10 quotes is a very cool idea :)

    Suzy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'll be in touch with you soon, btw. It's been a rough couple of days and I've let a few things slide.

      Delete